Bulldog Barker

Mr. Bohon and his dog Cooper

Photo of Cooper taken with the Furbo camera

Submitted photo

Submitted photo

Alexa Hudak, Writer

Mr. Bohon is the seventh and eighth grade Spanish teacher. He has a labradoodle puppy, a cross-breed of a Labrador and a standard poodle, named Cooper. Cooper is a fast learner and very intelligent. He was born on Jan. 6, and is now about nine months old.

Bohon owns an advanced camera called “Furbo” for Cooper that has many unique features. A remote is included, giving you the option to speak to your dog, take a picture of the camera’s view, and even fling treats out of the device. Bohon also installed an app on his mobile device that is designed for the camera; he will receive alerts when Cooper barks, gets close to the camera, or if the camera detects any movement. Furbo also has night vision, which enables Bohon and his family to still see Cooper during the night.

Cooper has many hobbies. He enjoys taking his owners for a walk, stealing devices such as phones or remotes and running, and playing ball. Out of all the treats that his owners put into the Furbo, standard bacon-flavored dog treats are Cooper’s favorite.  It might take you by surprise, but when Cooper was younger, he was hit by a motorcycle. He had managed to free himself from his chain. He didn’t show any interest for the street beside the Bohon’s property; he explored the yard instead. However, after a few moments of him bolting around, he made a dash for the street. Before Mr. Bohon or his family could restrain him, he was hit by a motorcycle before the driver could react. He was rushed to the vet shortly after. Luckily, he wasn’t injured severely, and only received a few minor cuts and scrapes. The owner of the motorcycle visited him while he was in the vet just to make sure he wasn’t too beat up. This tragedy has now passed, however, and Cooper lives on happily with his family.

Hopefully, you learned a few things about both Mr. Bohon and Cooper that you wouldn’t have known before.

About the Writer
Alexa Hudak, Writer

Hi! I’m Alexa Hudak, and I’m a sixth grade Staff Writer. My journey here began nearly a year ago, and I’ve learned an immense amount of knowledge...

• Mr. Bohon and his dog Cooper

Features

Ms. Clibbens and her dog Georgie

• Mr. Bohon and his dog Cooper

Features

Ms. Spiker and her dog Remington

• Sports

Junior High Football ends second season

• News

Seventh and eighth grade learn STEM with Fab Lab

• News

Fifth grade celebrates Halloween with fun fest

• Mr. Bohon and his dog Cooper

News

Sixth grade celebrates annual Fall Fest

• Mr. Bohon and his dog Cooper

Sports

An exciting time for Bulldog athletics

• Mr. Bohon and his dog Cooper

Sports

Cross Country Season Wrap-Up

• Mr. Bohon and his dog Cooper

Features

Ms. Clibbens and her dog Georgie

• Mr. Bohon and his dog Cooper

News

Trees on the playground removed due to disease

The Student News Site of Freedom Area Middle School
Mr. Bohon and his dog Cooper