Bulldog Barker

Dr. Brian Wargo nominated for Pennsylvania Teacher of the Year

Back to Article
Back to Article

Junior Cole Skuse accompanied Wargo to the conference in Harrisburg. Above, the two are shown posing for a photo in front of photo in front of a banner that reads

Junior Cole Skuse accompanied Wargo to the conference in Harrisburg. Above, the two are shown posing for a photo in front of photo in front of a banner that reads "The Pennsylvania Forum and Teacher of the Year Celebration."

Photo by FHS Press. Used with permission

Pogue Regan, News Editor

On Dec. 9 and 10, Dr. Brian Wargo, physics teacher at Freedom Area High School, was nominated for Pennsylvania Teacher of the Year. PATOY exemplifies the best teaching in Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania Teacher of the Year award is quite difficult to be nominated for. Only 12 teachers are nominated for the award, and they don’t just pick any normal teacher.

Many students told the FHS Press that they were not entirely surprised about his nomination. Some students even went as far as calling him a phenomenal teacher. “The process [of being nominated] brought attention to our science department at Freedom Area School District.”  Wargo said. He also stated that his participation in the events helped showcase the science conference at the high school, something that doesn’t happen at any other school. He later told the Bulldog Barker that Freedom students can be assured they’ll have a place in Pennsylvania’s future as scientifically literate adults, saying that, “…no scientist makes it without a solid liberal education.” He encourages our students to take advantage of what Freedom has to offer because, the future is yours for the taking!

About the Writer
Pogue Regan, News Editor

Hello, my name is Pogue Regan. I am in seventh grade and this is my third year in newspaper. I am the News Editor for the Bulldog Barker. I enjoy newspaper...

The Student News Site of Freedom Area Middle School