An exciting time for Bulldog athletics

Chase Grable

Members of the Freedom Big Red Marching Band accompany the football and soccer players during the Pep Parade through Freedom Middle School on Nov. 2.

It was a great weekend for Freedom High School Sports. The reason for this is because going into Friday, Nov. 2, the Freedom Area Varsity Football team was set to play Avonworth in Freedom High School football’s first ever home playoff game. Also, the Girls High School Soccer team was set to play Bentworth in the WPIAL championship on Saturday. And to top it all off, juniors Adam Hessler and Bailey Roberts were going to States for Cross Country. As a school district we celebrated these achievements by having a Pep Parade, where the high school athletes walked through the elementary school and middle school, accompanied by the band and cheerleaders. This parade gave the elementary and middle school students a chance  to really appreciate how great our athletes really are, and to recognize the athletes who are a part of those teams.

Since the Pep Parade, the high school Girls Soccer team won the WPIAL championship on Nov. 4 and started out the PIAA state playoffs with a 7-0 victory over Rockwood Area High School on Tuesday, Nov. 6. Also, our high school Football Team beat Avonworth on Friday, Nov. 2, and will play against Burgettstown on Friday, Oct. 9 at Central Valley High School. To go along with these great victories,  junior Adam Hessler came third place in the State Cross Country Competition.