Sixth grade welcomes local game commissioner

The+game+commissioner+came+with+many+cool+animal+skins+to+show+the+students.++

Olivia VanDeCar

The game commissioner came with many cool animal skins to show the students.

On March 12, 2020, the sixth grade enjoyed their yearly visit from Mr. Matt Kramer,  game commissioner from the Southwest Region State Game Warden office.  The event took place in the auditorium. 

Ms. Ging,  a sixth grade teacher, invited Kramer to the school to talk about Pennsylvania wildlife. She tied his visit in with their science lessons on biomes and habitats. She also thinks it is a good time for people who enjoy being outside to see that there is a career path that includes outdoors, animals, and different habitats.  Usually, the Freedom High School Naturalist Club comes to see the program but wasn’t able to this time due to a scheduling conflict.    

¨I think he is a really good presenter,” said Ging.  Kramer comes in every year and presents to sixth grade. Ging says that she thinks he interacts very well with kids. He also brought in animal skins and they are fun to see. 

“He is definitely one of my favorites,” says Ging.  “It is hard to pick just one,”   Ging said she really likes the speakers from Ocean Expert Day such as scuba divers and other people.  CSI Day usually has speakers who come in, but they won’t be able to this year. 

Ariella Hayden, sixth grade student, says she feels she learned things from his visit. Hayden said she had fun from him being here.