Bulldog Barker

Sixth grade celebrates annual Fall Fest

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sixth grade celebrates annual Fall Fest

Ging explains the trebucket while the FHS Physics Club, with adviser Brian Wargo, prepares to launch pumpkins. Photo By Logan Bickerstaff

Logan Bickerstaff

Logan Bickerstaff

Logan Bickerstaff

Logan Bickerstaff, Social Media Editor

The sixth grade class celebrated their annual Fall Fest on Nov. 1 and 2. The groups filtered between four rooms with four different activities. In Ms. Ging’s room they did as many jumping jacks as needed to burn 100 calories. After they worked out, students were given a piece of candy to show just how easy it is gain calories. In Mrs. Moore’s room they built pumpkin vehicles with wood circle for tires and two steel beams going through the pumpkin. Mrs. Strati’s room had a pumpkin carving competition, but everybody won and their pumpkins were put in the office entryway. The high school’s Physics Club students set up miniature trebuchets for the students to learn how to work the trebuchets.

On Friday, Nov. 2, the students watched movies for the first half of the day. When the clock hit twelve, the students went up to the high school to participate in multiple activities. One of the activities was pumpkin racing. The races consisted of high school students raising a wooden plank so that the cars would race down. Whoever crossed the line first won. After the race students had to disassemble their cars. They also had a scarecrow relay contest, where they had to dress a scarecrow and the first team done won. Last but not least, the students watched the high schoolers launch two liter bottles and pumpkins with the trebuchet.

“Fall Fest was great, I wish I could come back every year.” Dekota Roberts, sixth grader, said.

Ging was also very happy that weather cooperated, unlike last year when it rained. Ging declared that Fall Fest was a success after all of the students were dismissed to their buses.  

About the Contributor
Logan Bickerstaff, Social Media Editor

Hello, my name is Logan Bickerstaff. I am in seventh grade, I have been on the Bulldog Barker staff for three years. I am the Social Media editor. I enjoy...

• Sixth grade celebrates annual Fall Fest

News

Shortage of therapy dogs in Pennsylvania creates need

News

Seventh and eighth grade learn STEM with Fab Lab

News

Fifth grade celebrates Halloween with fun fest

News

Trees on the playground removed due to disease

News

Eighth grade learns about local Indians with creative history project

News

Editorial

Online shopping or in store shopping

• Sports

Junior High Football ends second season

News

News

The Student News Site of Freedom Area Middle School
Sixth grade celebrates annual Fall Fest